Stress occurs when coping with a stressor taxes or exceeds our coping resources. Coping involves thoughts and behaviour to manage the problem. Alternatives to the word “coping” include: battle with, carry on, confront, contend, deal, endure, face, get by, grapple, handle, live with, manage, struggle, suffer, survive, tangle, weather, and wrestle. Stressors can be personal (examples here), occupational (examples here), environmental (e.g. acute stressors of solar storms and the moon/season, enduring stressors such as our ecological collapse) and societal (e.g. the attack on our societies by followers of killer religions).
Two aspects of coping
Effective coping accurately recognizes what we can change and what we cannot. Effective coping reduces stress, either by removing or modifying the stressor, or by managing our reaction to it. Ineffective or insufficient coping does not reduce stress.
If problems caused by the stressor (e.g. snails eating one’s plants) can be solved or eliminated (e.g. by making a trap for snails that are eating one’s plants) then an effective problem-focused coping approach is emphasized.
If the stressor cannot be removed or modified, for example the accelerating mass extinction caused by humans and which is expected to include the extinction of humans, then an emotion-focused coping approach is adopted. In this situation effective coping would address the accompanying emotions.
Coping usually requires a blend of the problem-focused and emotion-focused approaches to address the full complexity of a problem.
Our ability to cope depends on the resources we can apply to solving the problems, e.g. intelligence, knowledge, skills, creativity, self-confidence, perseverance, money, tools, materials, supportive friends and family, health, energy and time.
When we have the resources to solve problems we hardly give them a second thought. But coping is far more difficult when resources are limited, e.g. if we are unemployed, in substantial debt and facing eviction from our home. Problem-focused solutions are not apparent, stress mounts, and emotions become intense. While our problem-focused coping efforts are frustrated, we also employ emotion-focused coping efforts to help resolve our feelings of distress.
Stages of coping
Even coping with simple problems proceeds through the following distinct stages:
- Orienting — Noticing something interesting and turning our attention toward it, e.g. plant leaves look damaged.
- Observing — Paying careful attention to the leaves. Recognizing the familiar signs of snail damage.
- Appraisal — Evaluating the impact of the observations on our particular goals, e.g. will this level of snail activity impact the goal of having healthy plants.
- Deciding — Creating alternatives, assessing their value, planning, and choosing our next actions. After considering the alternatives, the decision is made to set traps for the snails.
- Acting — Carrying out the decisions. The traps are prepared and placed in position.
- Reappraising — Reflecting on the appraisal, decision, actions, and result. We are satisfied with the large number of snails trapped and the reduction in new damage observed on plants.
These stressors often involve permanent loss such as destroyed property, serious injury, death of a friend, divorce, chronic illness, or death of a spouse or close relative. There is no effective problem-focused solution to these unsolvable problems. Therefore any coping strategy that relieves stress and resolves emotions without causing further problems or destruction is a good choice. This may involve grieving and taking time to restore ourselves to a new equilibrium.
Stages in coping with grief
A way of thinking about about how people cope with major loss experiences is provided by the five stage model of psychiatrist Elisabeth Kübler-Ross in her 1969 book On Death and Dying:
- Denial — We ignore or discount the evidence; cling to a false, preferable reality, e.g. “This mass extinction is not really happening.”
- Anger — When the facts cannot be ignored, we feel frustration and anger toward people blamed for the loss, e.g. “Why did our politicians not take genuine action to conserve nature?”
- Bargaining — We hope to avoid or delay the loss in exchange for us making changes, e.g. recycling waste and reducing pollution in the hope that this will stop/slow the mass extinction.
- Depression — We despair about the inevitable loss, e.g. “What have we done to our planet? This is terrible.”
- Acceptance — We accept the inevitable and perhaps find meaning in the loss at a spiritual level (the topic of God and Heaven is discussed here).
Denial of solvable problems
Although failing to acknowledge evidence can be an effective coping strategy if there is no action that can alleviate the problem, denial delays effective action and prolongs the harm if there are steps we can take to address the problem. We cannot change what we do not acknowledge.
Steps not taken to address an important problem . . .
Lazarus, Richard, & Folkman, Susan (1984). Stress, appraisal, and coping, New York: Springer.
Lazarus, Richard (1999). Stress and emotion: A new synthesis, New York: Springer.
Winning the psychological war
We see evidence of this war on us almost everywhere we look, including the destructive conduct of formal education, media, government and religion.
The battle can be cast in various terms, e.g. spiritual (yin-yang, good-evil, God-Satan) and cycles (ups/downs of the evolutionary process, including very long-term solar and planetary cycles, real climate change). Regardless, the concept of personal control can help us understand and win this psychological war.
Importance of personal control
- Felt lack of personal power in the face of events that are — at least to some extent — under personal control leads to inappropriate passivity. This mental state follows irrational beliefs about the nature of reality, prophecy, ‘fate,’ teachings of Christianity, and it can lead to catastrophe.
- Beliefs about personal control are targeted in psychological operations against individuals / groups in sport, war and the psychopathic lunatics’ relentless attacks on us, e.g. Bible “prophecy” (does not withstand rational analysis), films like The Matrix (lies about a scripted future) and other j-media lies about our future, including the present “X over America” priming of “believers” (see footnotes for explanation).
- Personal control is also the focus of effective psychological therapy. A good therapist (rare) quickly identifies and challenges irrational beliefs about powerlessness and then mobilizes the person’s anger (opposite of low morale). Anger can fuel dramatic psychological recovery when skilfully channelled, from the level of the individual and their therapist to the level of a gifted patriotic leader like Adolf Hitler. Those who seek our submission know this. Therefore they present controlled opposition figures and events to try direct our anger according to their agenda, e.g. civil war.
How our enemy tries to con us
The enemy tries to fool us by mixing truth with lies, e.g. God + “Jesus” (Christ Con — see this post), ecological catastrophe + “Anthropogenic Global Warming” (Climate Con — see this post), seasonal cold/flu + “pandemic” (Corona Con — see this post). In the case of our supposed lack of personal control over our destiny (Cosmic Con), the con works by presenting a partial lack of control (true) as a total lack of control (lie).
Extent of personal control
Scientific evidence and logic indicates that (a) all events are generated by God (aka collective unconscious, quantum vacuum, etc); (b) we have free will (personal control) to exercise in response to internal (feelings, impulses, thoughts) and external events to some extent (depending on event demands and our coping resources); and (c) our behaviour influences the likelihood of particular events thereafter. Depending on characteristics of the situation and person / group, this influence over future events can range from minimal to immense.
Extent of foreknowledge
There is impressive experimental evidence of future event predictability to some extent — individuals with strong non-local awareness display high levels of precognition in tests of this ability. This predictability makes sense as evolution involves much repetition and is sometimes referred to as a story re-told. If you can access the Book of Life (Hall of Records, universal DNA, etc) and read the previous version of the story, as some people seem able to do, you should have a good idea of what might happen next.
However in the experiments referred to above, even individuals with the highest levels of non-local awareness cannot anticipate all details of future events. This limited foreknowledge is consistent with the randomness (spontaneity, quantum leaps, creativity) that is part of the evolutionary process — details of the process are worked out in a dynamic relationship between God and his expressions in all instances of consciousness. God is on the journey too and doesn’t know all that is yet to happen.
Our future is written in clay (not stone) and much of it is blank
This is implied by personal control over future events and the extent to which future events are unknowable in advance. This is consistent with systematic analyses of published “prophecy,” e.g. analyses of Bible “prophecy” that indicate it is invalid and best viewed as an anti-gentile psyop and perhaps as a script followed by our enemy; and Erica Cheetham’s book (The Prophecies of Nostradamus) that reveal Nostradamus prophecy as hit or miss (not reliable). However my study of Boer prophet Siener van Rensburg prophecy (see this post) indicates that he was a superior prophet to Nostradamus and he is one of the prophets whose visions I treat with the greatest of respect.
Nevertheless in general we see flawed individuals pretending to know our future and gullible types believing them. There have been innumerable ‘expert’ predictions about our future (e.g. climate, technology, medicine) that turned out to be totally wrong. Further, the current predictions of futurist Raymond Kurzweil were so obviously illogical to physicist Peter Russell that he could immediately dismiss them as nonsense in an article (Get Real, Ray).
Conclusion and recommendation
When politicians, mainstream media or ‘experts’ present our ‘future’ (e.g. a world dominated by the technology required for psychopathic lunatic world government) as if it is a foregone conclusion over which we have no control, that is a lie — an attempted con (Cosmic Con).
Let’s dismiss all the psychopathic lunatic cons: Christ Con, Cosmic Con, Clash of Civilizations Con [ruse for jew wars], Climate Con, Communication Con [supposed need for toxic 5G], Corona Con, Choice Con [illusion of democracy] ….
We can use our God-given power to positively influence our role within the evolutionary process, to show respect for all God’s plants and animals (our ecological catastrophe is discussed in this post) and to record an enlightened passage in the Book of Life.
In my experience, people who value God (a provable reality, as is karma and life after death — see this post), knowledge and the evolutionary process (learning), welcome information about the Christ Con even if they are still victims of this deception. There is so much to gain in progressing beyond the distortions of religion to a clearer and more inspired relationship with God. Ex-Christians such as myself still treasure parts of the Bible that we find helpful but we totally dismiss the jew-serving lies, including the mythical “Jesus.”
X over America
The 21 Aug 2017 and 8 Apr 2024 solar eclipses (always at New Moon) form an X over America and apparently this particular X (but not the ones before or after for some reason) signifies a time of Divine retribution as foretold in jew Bible “prophecy.”
Unsurprisingly, this scaremongering is promoted by jews (this is easily established by an Internet search). Where there is scaremongering there is an agenda. What is the purpose of this particular psyop? As with other cons (climate, corona, etc) we can be certain that the X Con does not serve our best interests.
Speculation about the X Con agenda includes reference to Jim Stone’s report (discussed here) of strong factual evidence suggesting that Israel used atomic bombs to artificially induce the Fukushima catastrophe on 11 Mar 2011 (New Moon phase).
Are the lunatics planning to induce ‘natural’ catastrophe(s) in the USA on or soon after the 8 Apr 2024 New Moon (and solar eclipse)? They can always count on Christ-Conned naiveté and are now easily priming “believers.” But on that date they can also count on favourable solar cycle (in the area of a peak) and season (Spring) effects. (Evidence of solar, season and lunar factors in mass human violence is presented toward the end of this post.)